Tuesday, December 14, 2010

You're curing my pain



My heart is burning
Flames churning high
From the fire You're stirring
You're curing my pain
From all these games I've played
New names; different faces
Same temptations; Same Satan
Weighing on my soul
I've been trying to take control
Trying to play Your roll
When I know I always steer towards the wrong road
This road...
Broad as the flow of the ocean
The surface looks perfectly harmless
Better grab a harness
Cause' the water's tide
Gonna take you as deep as it desires
Full of have truths and whole lies
No black and white lines
Just gray phrases that derange your mind
That's why
The disguise is far more deceiving than you realize
Like this road-with eyes looking fine
With a step takes your breath away
Like quicksand grabbing you like prey
Afraid to look down
As it spirals me around
I sink to the ground
This mountain of guilt
Mounds upon my wrists
From years of life's hits
A permanent prick at my soul
As my grip gives in...

You find me on the ground
Not making a sound
Down in the depths
I've wept too long
No longer strong enough to speak
Yet my silence sings a song to You
Who knew me and knows me now
As I'm on the ground
I'm found by You
Always proven to be true
It's You
I call out Your name
Cause' I know it can save me
One breath of it's fragrance
And all my arrogance flees
I cling to Your feet
As the sting of this world
Hurls strings at me
Tying me up while singing
A tune sounding so close to the truth
Yet here on the ground...
I know it's only You

My heart is burning
From a life full of hurting
Wrong discernings and flirting with sin
Surging from a yearning within
From a pit much deeper than skin
Wanting it all to end
Wondering when You'll break in
So the fear will subside
And my eyes will dry
Break me in pieces I don't mind
Cause' my only piece is when I stop trying
To bind my own wounds
It's You
I choose to let Your touch heal my bruises
A sweetly broken surrender
Where I render all and keep none
Done with the games and names I put on sin
You win...

My heart is burning
Flames churning high
From the fire You're stirring
You're curing my pain

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff mc. Sin is painful; He is the cure.
    This isn't an original quote, but one that sticks with me:
    Sin will take you further than you wanted to go,
    Keep you longer than you wanted to stay,
    And cost you more than you wanted to pay.

    ReplyDelete